2013年1月13日星期日

缇庡浗浼楃 American Gods_216

hs should see them okay. It's an ugly car, like I said, but if the kid hadn't painted it purple it'd be a ten-thousand-dollar car, and reliable, and you'll need something like that to get around this winter, you ask me,cheap nike air max 1."
"This is very good of you," said Shadow. "But shouldn't you be out catching criminals, not helping newcomers? Not that I'm complaining, you understand,retro jordans for sale."
Mabel chuckled. "We all tell him that,cheap air max 1," she said.
Mulligan shrugged. "It's a good town," he said, simply. "Not much trouble. You'll always get someone speeding within city limits-which is a good thing, as traffic tickets pay my wages. Friday, Saturday nights you get some jerk who gets drunk and beats on a spouse-and that one can go both ways, believe me. Men and women. But out here things are quiet. They call me out when someone's locked their keys in their vehicle. Barking dogs. Every year there's a couple of high school kids caught with weed behind the bleachers. Biggest police case we've had here in five years was when Dan Schwartz got drunk and shot up his own trailer, then he went on the run, down Main Street, in his wheelchair, waving this darn shotgun, shouting that he would shoot anyone who got in his way, that no one would stop him from getting to the interstate. I think he was on his way to Washington to shoot the president. I still laugh whenever I think of Dan heading down the interstate in that wheelchair of his with the bumper sticker on the back. 'My Juvenile Delinquent is Screwing Your Honor Student.' You remember, Mabel?"
She nodded, lips pursed. She did not seem to find it as funny as Mulligan did.
"What did you do?" asked Shadow.
"I talked to him. He gave me the shotgun. Slept it off down at the jail. Dan's not a bad guy, he was just drunk and upset."
Shadow paid for his own breakfast and, over Chad Mulligan's halfhearted protests, both hot chocolates.
Hennings Farm and Home Supplies was a warehouse-sized building on the south of the town that sold everything from tractors to toys (the toys,coach outlet canada, along with the Christmas orn

没有评论:

发表评论