2012年12月18日星期二

The Golden Compass榛勯噾缃楃洏_108

did they travel, Dr. Lanselius?"
"By sledge."
"And you have no idea where they went?"
"Very little. It is not a subject we are interested in."
"Quite so. Now, you've answered all my questions very fairly, sir, and here's just one more. If you were me, what question would you ask of the Consul of the Witches?"
For the first time Dr. Lanselius smiled.
"I would ask where I could obtain the services of an armored bear," he said.
Lyra sat up, and felt Pantalaimon's heart leap in her hands.
"I understood the armored bears to be in the service of the Oblation Board," said Farder Coram in surprise. "I mean, the Northern Progress Company, or whatever they're calling themselves."
"There is at least one who is not. You will find him at the sledge depot at the end of Langlokur Street. He earns a living there at the moment, but such is his temper and the fear he engenders in the dogs, his employment might not last for long."
"Is he a renegade, then?"
"It seems so. His name is lorek Byrnison,replica chanel bags. You asked what I would ask, and I told you. Now here is what I would do: I would seize the chance to employ an armored bear, even if it were far more remote than this,best replica rolex watches."
Lyra could hardly sit still. Farder Coram, however, knew the etiquette for meetings such as this, and took another spiced honey cake from the plate. While he ate it, Dr. Lanselius turned to Lyra.
"I understand that you are in possession of an alethiome-ter," he said, to her great surprise; for how could he have known that?
"Yes," she said, and then, prompted by a nip from Pantalaimon, added, "Would you like to look at it?"
"I should like that very much."
She fished inelegantly in the oilskin pouch and handed him the velvet package,Homepage. He unfolded it and held it up with great care, gazing at the face like a Scholar gazing at a rare manuscript.
"How exquisite!" he said. "I have seen one other example, but it was not so fine as this. And do you possess the books of readings,replica rolex watches?"
"No," Lyra began, but before she could say any more, Farder Coram was speaking.
"No,

没有评论:

发表评论